Statement of Purpose:
The primary purpose of Jal Schools is to educate all students equitably. The Jal Schools are responsible for students mastering learning skills and knowledge, and for acquiring and displaying desirable personal qualities and values. The school, under local control and direction, recognizes its shared responsibility with the community and parents for the effective and efficient use of public and private resources and for the continuing involvement of that community in education.
Educational Goals and Objectives:
The Jal Board of Education is committed to the establishment of policies which will enable the students of the Jal Schools to obtain an education based on personal interests, abilities, and needs. Students will learn citizenship and democracy, develop emotionally, and socially, and develop a healthy body. A cultural and aesthetic appreciation will become part of each student's development.
The Jal Board of Education will support a continuing program of self-improvement which will include political activity and awareness and the inclusion of the community of Jal in the process of educating the youth of Jal.
Most Recent AYP Report from New Mexico Public Education Dept.
- Each student should acquire a mastery of the basic skill in reading, arithmetic, and other basics.
- New educational ideas will be continually innovated and evaluated.
- A top professional and service staff will be provided.
- Students and parents of the community will participate in decisions relevant to the school program.
- The educational program should be supported with a relatively stable taxing level.
- The school plant and each learning area should be conducive to achieving educational goals.
- Each student should acquire good habits and an understanding of the conditions necessary for the maintenance of physical and emotional well-being.
- Each student will develop an awareness of how to use leisure time wisely.
- Each student will be helped to understand human achievement in the natural sciences, the social sciences, the humanities, and the arts.
- Self-worth and pride in family, school, and community will be instilled in students.
- Encourage staff members to continue education through workshops, seminars, etc.
- Assist students to become environmentally sensitive.
- Emphasize the vocational aspects of education.
- Concentrate on the basic skills of reading, writing, and arithmetic in the elementary school.
- Develop parental interest, support, and input.
- Integrate all racial groups into school activities.
- Provide the best in equipment, plant, and materials for staff and students.
- Reduce the drop-out rate.
- Insure an orderly atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Develop politically-concious personnel.